Samsung GSM I9250 Galaxy Nexus Unlocked Android Smart Phone
Screen 4.65" HD(1280 x 720) Super AMOLED Contour Display (curved glass) Size (mm) 67.94 X 135.5 X 9.47 (LTE) Weight 150g (LTE) Data LTE/CDMA WIFI BLUETOOTH Memory Storage: 13 16GB Memory: 1GB RAM Camera 5MP continuous auto focus 1.3MP Front LED Flash Zero shutter lag Video recording in 1080p USB Micro USB Features BATTERY: 1850mAh OS: Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0) CPU: 1.2 GHZ dual core processor NOTIFICATION: 3 color LED MICS: 2 Mics BUTTONLESS NFC ACCELEROMETER GYRO COMPASS PROXIMITY/LIGHT BAROMETER
- Compatible with AT&T, T-Mobile, and other networks
- Super AMOLED 720p HD Contour Display
- 5MP low-light optimized rear camera with flash
- Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
- 1.3MP front camera
- Product Dimensions: 4.7 x 1.8 x 4.7 inches ; 15.5 ounces
- Shipping Weight: 15.5 pounds
- ASIN: B006C58HHK
- Item model number: GT-I9250
Near to Perfect Smart Phone, overall better than any nearest Rival
Apple itself in a recent patent suit directed against google termed this as the “most creditable competitor to iPhone’. Apple co founder which is not a apple employee anymore and hence free to speak truth freely declared iPhone easy to use but ‘Android more feature rich’. He dismissed Siri totally saying he could not understand how come internet could be needed to make a call through Siri. Do I need to say more now? If yes then here is the detail review:
(1) Bigger HD contour display-> Though you can distinguish between pixels while looking closely unlike iPhone’s Retina display, Nexus’s display is gorgeous. Colors are very vibrant and rich. Black is real black (because of Super AMOLED display technology) which creates the whole difference.
The Screen is large and with medium hands I can reach to the whole screen stretching the thumb or fingers. Sometimes I tend to use the other hand (luckily I have two hands and both are fully functional so can’t complaint).
Because of bigger screen this phone is more useful or convenient for what Apple invented iPhone for ie Browsing web, playing games, watching videos. And because of this I tend to depend lesser on PC/laptop/tablet. With bigger screen, power and customization of Android OS this phone is closer to our old friend PC/laptop.
**I run the same HD video both on nexus and iPhone 4S and nexus one was better to watch.**
Face unlock, NFC, android beam and google wallet (not available on Verizon version) are very cool. Face unlock works perfectly.
Built-in Data usage monitor is very helpful for not letting you go above your data limit.
-> Mine is international unlocked version which within a week got automatically updated to 4.0.2 from 4.0.1.
This has Best notification, better customization for web browsing.
Ohhhhhhhh… did I tell you android has taken two steps which is miles ahead of time and going to change the things completely? (i) No Physical button-> The buttons are in fact part of OS itself and function well. Hence the buttons can now be context specific and smarter. They change their position depending on how you are holding the phone or what you are doing. While watching video they disappear completely giving you the whole screen for watching, and yes they will reappear on appropriate place when you need them. (ii) Same OS for all devices: Unlike Apple now same application can run on any device running on ICS. For apple the applications need to be written separately both for iPhone and iPad. That’s why Apple has lesser applications on iPads. With new approach of ICS now people will just write once and run it anywhere hence number of apps is going to get multiplied faster on ICS.
(3) Eco System (Apps)-> Android eco system (or app market) is there on par with Apple eco system. In the same period I have installed more applications than I did on iPhone 4 (because most applications are free compared to Apple). I am more functional on Android than I was on iPhone 4. There is nothing which I want and its not there. And yes now google going to start monitoring of applications so less argument against Android apps.
(4) Form factor-> I like its form factor more than of iPhone’s. Countered makes it more convenient to use and keep in the pocket. Now to me iPhone is just any another device and I look on iPhone with pity.
(5) Battery-> I need to charge it once a day with low to moderate usage which is what other iPhone 4S customers are also doing. And if you are going to use it like laptop you will need to charge it more (is not this same with your laptop?). Better part is unlike iPhone you can carry batteries and change it easily. No complaint here.
(6) Reception-> Decent.
(7) Call quality-> Nice.
(8) Volume/Speaker-> Low, could be helped with volume control plus application.
(9) More social-> Very well integrated with google.
(10). Build-> Except the battery cover everything else is of high quality. I don’t care about plastic versus metal debate. iPhone even with metal and corning glass are equivalently fragile and people have been reporting iPhone being broken having dropped just from 12 feet or so. And with gorilla glass on both ends iPhone 4 is more fragile. Remember gorilla glass is just scratch resistant not damage resistant.
(11) Typing-> is a breeze and it seems to read you mind and hence make typing a different experience than on iPhone. And big screen helps every here again.
Unfortunately this phone decided to do have some deliberate suicidal traits perhaps to avoid wiping away other Samsung devices. So here are the things which could have been improved upon:
(1) Speaker-> Could have been better (Minor+ issue)
(2) Reception-> Though not much complaint, Could have been just a ‘little’ better (Very Minor issue).
(3) Camera-> Could have been better definitely.
(4) External Storage-> Either they should have allowed adding external storage or given the device with more alternated with respect to storage capacities. (Minor issue)
(5) Display-> Should not be able to distinguish pixels (Minor issue but this should be ultimate goal for the display)
Conclusion-> This is the best smart phone on the market for the time being if you can live with some minor issue with volume. And all issues reported so far with this device seem to be software issues and should get corrected with updates or third part applications.
1) You will always get the latest Android version the moment Google releases it, instead of waiting for half a year for Samsung, HTC, LG or other manufacturers to port it over. Why wait when you can experience the latest features such as ‘Google Now’?
2) Bigger screen than S2 – comparable to S3, Super AMOLED, but at a much friendlier price.
3) Interface is much smoother and slick. You can get any better than this. Jellybean’s project butter really solves the issue.
4) No physical front buttons like the S2 which may be prone to defect after some time. Best of all, none of that S2′s Vlingo voice nonsense which is irritating to say the least.
5) Copying files to Nexus is as easy as plugging in USB and using windows explorer. Compare this to S2′s nightmare of using their Kies software or Kies Air to transfer files. This is such a relief to me that I would buy this phone just because of this.
6) Battery life is reasonable so far. Google always tries to improve battery life with each Android OS release, so Nexus being the first phone to get the updates probably mean improvements in battery life as soon as they are available.
1) No external microSD slot. This in my opinion could actually be a pro because if you lose the nexus phone, like I did, no one can access your data on the microSD card.
Samsung Google Nexus android phone
crushes the iphone
Great cellphone for the price
I like this phone very much
samsung galaxy nexus
Everything I like. There’s nothing I do not like the nexus
To all those who want a good smartphone.